AustrianSolar has a strong management team with a proven track-record, particularly in the renewable energy sector. Its multi-national and multi-lingual nature allows the Company to quickly adjust to the challenges of a fast growing industry.
Helmut Kantner – Managing Director
- Helmut Kantner founded AustrianSolar – previously named Austrian Enviro Technologies - in 2006.
- He has more than 30 years of experience in the energy sector, mainly in Central and Southeast Europe.
- From 1998 to 2004 he headed Jenbacher Spain as General Manager, coordinating the sale of the company to General Electric and integrating it into GE Power.
- In the course of his career, Helmut managed the development and construction of more than 350 MW electrical power plants, 115 MW of them are now owned by Endesa and 42 MW by Iberdrola, all in NCRE (Non-Conventional Renewables).
Kurt Kantner – Managing Director
- Kurt Kantner has 20 years of experience as manager of companies in the EMEA region. His specific focus was on national utilities and related industries, like international switchgear and cable manufacturers working for US based corporations (Raychem Corp from 1981 – 1999 and Tyco Corp from 1999 – 2002)
- Prior to joining AustrianSolar as Managing Director in 2010, Kurt has served from 2002 – 2010 as Managing Director for Weidmüller GmbH, the German subsidiary of a privately owned USD 500 mn revenue electronic component manufacturer for the machinery industry.
- In his capacity as a Consultant, Kurt, within AustrianSolar, is responsible for energy storage technologies and applications.